Concessionary rates are available for most shows to those aged 65 and over, Gatehouse Angels, under-18s, students, Equity and MU members and those who are registered disabled.
Tickets purchased online or from the theatre can only be refunded if the performance is cancelled by the theatre. If you are unable to attend for any personal reason, your tickets tickets can be exchanged for another performance of the same production (subject to availability). Please contact the box office on 020 8340 3488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF A PERFORMANCE IS SOLD OUT ONLINE, PLEASE CALL THE BOX OFFICE ON 020 8340 3488 TO CHECK AVAILABILITY
OVATION TICKET FEES
Upstairs at the Gatehouse (owned by Ovation Theatres Ltd) uses three companies to enable the selling of on-line tickets. We thought you might like to know why we need to charge a £1 per ticket booking fee. First of all, a simple explanation of how the money travels from our customer’s credit/debit cards to the theatre’s bank account.
- The theatre is called ‘The Merchant’. The merchant’s goods are the tickets.
- ‘The Ticket Retailer’ (sometimes called ‘The Kiosk’) is the company the merchant employs to install the ticket selling software system on the merchant’s website (sometimes called ‘The Platform’).
- ‘The Gateway’; also known as the Payment Service Provider (the PSP). This company checks the validity of the credit/debit card and provides the assurance that the card is genuine and can be used to make the payment.
- The process then reaches ‘The Acquirer’– also known as the Payment Processing Agent (the PPA). This company then acquires the money from the now authorised card and transfers the money to the Merchant’s bank account. The Theatre now has the money that the customer spent on purchasing the tickets. Stages 1 to 3 usually takes a few seconds, although if there is any problem it can take a few days! Stage 4 will normally happen within 24hours.
- Ticket prices are set by agreement between Ovation and the visiting theatre companies.
- The Ticket Retailer. This company charges 3% (+VAT)of the sale price.
- The Gateway fee is approx. 12p per transaction
- The Acquirer fee is 1.4% of the sale price for those tickets bought using credit cards and 0.681% for tickets bought using debit cards.
Tickets bought over the telephone or at the counter only incur charges 3 & 4 hence the booking fee is 50p per ticket. We would appreciate it if customers bought their tickets, both on-line and over the telephone using debit cards rather than credit cards. For any further details regarding our ticket prices please call the box office on 020 8340 3488