Role: Assistant Stage Manager & Front of House Team Member (Deadline: 16th April 2021)
Stage Manager, Theatre Manager
During rehearsals: 24th May – 1st June (10.30am – 5.30pm), the Assistant Stage Manager will support the Stage Manager helping with all aspects of the production
During the run of the show (1st June – 27th June) duties will be supporting the Stage Manager (details below) and supporting the Theatre Manager as a Front of House Team Member. This will include helping to usher audiences and maintain COVID guidelines. Hours will mainly be 6pm to 9.30pm Tuesday to Saturday and 2.30pm to 6pm on Sundays. Start time on Saturday 26th June will be 1.30pm (day off after the start of the run – Mondays).
Five week fee: £250 per week (paid as a freelance fee).
There will be additional get-out duties (and an additional fee) 28th – 30th June.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Show Duties
- There is a two line on-stage role for the ASM
- Prop / Costume repairs & replacements
- Operating the stage lift.
- Maintaining rehearsal room and backstage areas. Setting/re-setting props
- Looking after the safety of the cast (4), musicians (2) and crew (3)
- Front of house responsibilities
- To welcome audience, check tickets, and usher audience to seats
- To carry out COVID secure guidelines such as temperature checks, masks checks and test & trace requirements to keep the audience and theatre team safe
- Support Theatre Manager with seating plans
- Cleaning and maintaining the auditorium and backstage areas. This includes cleaning after every rehearsal and performance to COVID secure levels
No specific qualifications are required but it would be an advantage if the candidate has completed a technical theatre/stage management course at one of the recognized drama schools.
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Reliable timekeeper
- Basic I.T. skills, including Word / Excel
- Enjoys being part of a small team and is prepared to take an active role at the venue
- Understanding of health and safety principles
- Willingness and ability to work unsociable hours, including evenings & weekends
Any questions, please call John (Director) on 07973 502189 or Annlouise (Theatre Manager) on 07707 952489