Ovation is looking for a Theatre Manager to help run their venue in North London. Upstairs at the Gatehouse is a small theatre, located above the historic Gatehouse Pub in Highgate Village. The venue has a reputation as one of London’s leading fringe theatres as both a producing house and a receiving house.
Working alongside the two Artistic Directors and, as the only full-time employee, the theatre manager is responsible for the day to day running of the theatre.
The job is extremely varied and will give the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of theatre administration. We are looking for an enthusiastic and capable all-rounder who will be equally happy organising a press night, keeping the accounts, answering the telephones, developing the website, creating e-shots or sweeping the stage!
Listed below is an outline of duties:
Overseeing the Box Office
• Ticket sales including counter and phone bookings
• Selling tickets via the website
• Maintaining and using computer box office system
• Managing the box office on show nights
• Organising the rota of volunteers who act as ushers/ice cream sellers
• Responsible for the upkeep of the theatre’s website using Word-press, as well as some
maintenance of sister websites
• Adding new shows and removing old pages
• Updating the theatre’s online archive of in-house productions
• Troubleshooting any technical glitches and handling website queries from customers
• Keeping a record of the theatre’s costs and takings
• Reconciling monthly bank statements
• Handling petty cash
• Paying cast and crew when necessary
Marketing and Promotion
• Organising and preparing mail shots
• Promoting shows on our own and external websites
• Preparing flyers, posters and print adverts
• Building and maintaining relationships with other fringe venues (via SIT)
• Using social media to promote the theatre
• Ensuring the building is kept clean, tidy and safe
• Emptying the rubbish bins on a regular basis
• Locking and unlocking the building at the beginning/end of the day
• Acting as a point of contact for external theatre companies
• Acting as a point of contact for cast and crew
• Assisting directors, designers, stage managers and other crew as necessary
• Helping on Get-ins/Get-outs
The role would suit someone with a genuine interest in theatre, with a sound knowledge and understanding of the function of a fringe venue. Whilst the role is desk based an interest and willingness to be involved at all levels is essential.
Due to the nature of the business this role does involve evening and weekend work so it would be ideal for someone living locally or willing to travel.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Ability to learn how to use other computer programmes
• Good interpersonal skills
• A high level of numeracy and literacy
• Excellent telephone manner
• Basic knowledge of the theatre’s technical aspects, i.e. sound and lighting systems
A knowledge/ experience of the following would also be useful
• Nortech or similar box office system / online ticketing systems
• Adobe Photoshop, CorelDraw
• Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Upstairs at the Gatehouse is a family run business which receives no public funding. Established in 1997 our success depends on box office revenue and hire fees. This is achieved by the high standards of our productions and the welcoming aspect of the venue. The position would ideally suit someone looking to start a career in Arts Administration.
Salary is approx. £22K p.a.
Deadline: Midday on Thursday 27th June 2019
Please send a CV and covering letter to John & Katie Plews by email or post to:
Upstairs at the Gatehouse
Whilst Ovation Theatres is committed to offering equal opportunities, we regret that Upstairs at the Gatehouse is not wheelchair accessible.
Click HERE for a .pdf of the job description and person specification